Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TVS Scooty Streak: A Preview

TVS is one brand that’s so popular in villages and in metro cities equally. To achieve such a position, I wonder what kind of strategies the Sundarams would have adopted, but I am obviously amazed at their innovations to please all. I don’t feel hesitant to say that TVS Scooty has become a brand in itself. I will tell you one example: While I drive a 135cc some other brand scooter, my friend always identifies it as TVS Scooty. No! It’s not that she is one who can’t write or read. But it is like how SURF has replaced detergent powder, that I mean this TVS Scooty has replaced a scooter term per se. I salute the guys and innovators at TVS, Scooty will be remembered for a very long time for sure.

Scooty will now pave way to its new kid, the new TVS Scooty Streak, which is the latest addition to their portfolio. I had the chance to sneak into a TVS showroom today when I’d been to Mathikere to give my 135 cc scooter for servicing. The all-new 4-stroke scooterette TVS Scooty Streak seemed like it greeted me with a Hi. I am not a weirdo, but I talk to my scooter and love driving and my vehicle so much that I talk to it literally.

And yes! TVS Scooty Streak sported certainly impressive newer looks relative to Scooty. But I did notice that the double-colored body sentiment has been retained, and it’s only the styling that received much of a tweaking. I can vouch that it is going to appeal the late teens and early 20s’ college population. I especially liked the protuberant striking snout of the front and believe that Scooty Streak can complement a women office commuter’s style and their combination will look cool.

And a 4-stroke Scooty Streak runs on a LiTech engine (a lithium-ion based battery technology). So what? It offers several advantages such as enhanced performance and safety as well as low cost. To support the battery performance, the Scooty Streak is fitted with LED tail lamps, which consume very little power. The headlamp looks as if it’s sporting a smile and I just liked it. I also liked the new side turner lamps, which are elongated triangles and mounted on the sides of the body apron.

The seat contour may be something that TVS is trying and I would love to know how people are going to receive it. Leave that, if you want to know the shock absorption talents of Scooty Streak, well the aluminum shock absorbers are cool and as good as they can be for a 100cc scooter so the ride will be definitely smooth and bump free. In addition, the tyres seem to be broader than Scooty and it will ensure stability and balance. The tyres also are skid resistant according to company sources, so one can freak on a Scooty Streak even on a rainy day.

The glove box houses a mobile charge facility and its cool. The glove box can also be locked. The under seat luggage space is also big enough and the fuel tank is behind under the seat. Mirrors are of the same color as the body and adds to the looks. The footboard is broad and not clumsy.

The 100cc plus Scooty Streak gives better performance than its forerunner Scooty series. The TVS Scooty Streak promises to give best in class mileage and fuel efficiency. TVS Scooty Streak will come under Rs. 40,000 ex-showroom and if you are planning to buy a scooterette to your son or daughter or your young wife, you can go ahead and get one and gift them a TVS Scooty Streak. You have TVS quality and I am not one who is needed to vouch for the TVS’ servicing and customer support.

TVS Scooty Streak is designed and developed to position against big ones from Honda, Suzuki and Kinetic. Basically, Scooty Streak compete with Suzuki Access, Aviator and Kinetic 4S. But as I see this, I think they will not even come close to Scooty Streak in terms of competition. They will be looked as big scooters and only middle-aged male population will look at these with intention of buying them. Quite the contrary, teens (both sexes), the 20s (again both sexes) and the 30s (the ladies) will eye on the new TVS Scooty Streak, and TVS aimed it for the metro sex and can be as grand a success as Scooty is. The new TVS Scooty Streak comes in 5 bold colors; Red, Black, Blue, Pink and Mauve all perfect for metro people. If my TVS Scooty Streak review helped you in anyway to zero in, will you let me know? Happy Scootying on the new Scooty Streak!

4 comments:

Aditi said...

hei, it was great reading ur post. But if I not wrong I read that you own a 135cc scooter... whats that ? How great is that companion of urs? Is it a woman scooter? Why not write something on that... just a suggestion dear.

Aruna Sreeram said...

Thanks for reading the TVS Scooty Streak review. You can help someone who is contemplating on buying a scooterette. And, yes I own Kinetic Nova 135cc scooter (or should I call it scooterette?) and believe me how I love that fellow! Yes I will review it for you! Follow the subsequent posts here!

Aruna Sreeram said...

So, here you go with the review on my 135cc scooter you wanted. Learn that it cannot be compared with TVS Scooty Streak as both are different segment scooters.

http://liv2rite.blogspot.com/2009/01/kinetic-nova-135cc-review-novaholics.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing tvs scooty streak preview. i like the tvs scooty.