Saturday, January 31, 2009

Special Bonding

As I come out in the evenings with my kid for an evening stroll, I see this cute little girl just near the staircase - Ankita by name, she is seen holding her young mother's hand. The mother would be talking to her friends and when she is let down I see her bubbling with energy, and she runs around (not disappearing from mother's vicinity) with kids of her age.

The girl shows some kind of shyness when I call to her or see her. Still lovely thing is that she does'nt shy away to the extent she doesn't like to see me. I call her 'Ankita' and the sweet girl with that shy smile (I still love that) pops her head out, sees me with a smile and again digs her face into her mother's. But then she every now and then makes sure if I am there. I doubt she doesn't want me to leave that place.

That was the story of past......of late....
Without my own knowledge or intent, a secret rapport has developed between me and the small kid, Ankita. I believe this is not being noticed by any other people, including her mom - Only my daughter noticed this.

I call her and she as usual reciprocates with that shy-rich smile. She would still be burying her face in her mother's lap or shoulders but then slowly looks up and checks if I'm gone. If I am there, she tries to convey something in her own language (we dont share a common mother tongue). I wonder she now that I am indeed her friend. There is some trust and some kind of a what can be said, a speechless bonding that only we two share. I see her stretching her cute tiny fingers and she points out some things to me that maybe I would not have observed myself - that could be to another girl who would be jumping or dancing that she enjoys or at a small sparrow hopping here and there on the ground, or a small squirrel wagging her bushy tail while struggling to climb the tree or even at a millepede walking gorgeously along the aisle. Following her little fingers, I know I would see something ever so beautiful whenever I meet her.

Her face lights up to the extent you know I feel that the day will be brighter to me!

No comments: