Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Left over rotis? Check what I made out of them!

I was informed of some guests for evening supper yesterday and I always take pride that I'm almost perfect in my caluculations when it comes to preparations. Alas one time I did fail. Somehow I was feeling they will not be enough and the guests will love to have a couple of them more and ..? So I am there again with more rotis than asked for. I felt I dont have to clutter my drain throwing the left over rotis instead will make a nice treat out of them.

In fact we can do few things with these left over rotis, but the important thing here is to remember that rotis are made crisper before processed further. Here is what you can do:

Divide the roti into whatever shape or size and oven at 150 degrees Celsius, until they become crisp.

Make salsa of chopped coriander leaves, tomato, red pepper (even a green capsicum would do), garlic paste and lime. Add salt and pepper to taste to the salsa prepared. Use this salsa as topping to the roasted roti pieces and tell me if it doesn't make a good snack. Because we in our family loved the snack.

Optional: People who love curd can take generous curd and add salsa to it and can eat roti pieces with this.

No comments: