Friday, September 5, 2008

Gurur Brahma...Gurur Vishnuhu...Gurur devoh...maheswaraha..!!

Don’t you feel to go to school is a privilege considering the fact that there are so many children who still work instead of going to school?
And, yes to go to a school that had great teachers is a fringe benefit …..and to have a motivating teacher at least one during your entire education is something you are blessed with I believe, a teacher that can change the way you have been thinking, a teacher that inspired to choose a path in your career, a teacher who taught you to be a human being …
I am blessed is all I would say, as I've had three such teachers for what I am today (at least to a great extent)
there was Ms. Sundara Valli my English Madam during my 11th grade who aside English prose and poetry taught so many values of life; there had been Mr. Ram Kumar my GPBr First Year BSc teacher who taught with such flamboyance and ease that I remember longing for his weekly-once class, and there had been Dr. Ravuri who really changed my course of post graduation. He had a special way of approaching to everyday lessons and that gave birth interest in me for a new subject and I opted for Agronomy and not my otherwise interesting Plant Breeding as my PG specialization.

A great teacher always inspires as quoted by someone and I am blessed by 3 to inspire me during my learning times!

I know not where these 3 inspiring teachers are today..But I do remember them with reverence, love and gratitude!

I thought it’s a befitting tribute to wish all such great personalities who shape many more ….Happy Teacher’s Day! By the way is the guru shishya paramparya being lost to monotonous and mechanical teaching and children ignoring the pains of a teacher? I hope it does not. Some relations are forever and nothing should change them.

No comments: